We had zero experience of working with an architect. Before this, we had designed all the refurbishments ourselves, even major ones. We decided to turn to an acquaintance of ours, Kari Kuosma, who is better known in Finland as a caricaturist than an architect. Kari worked fast, and a month after he had started we were already at the town hall presenting our ideas. Our materials consisted of sketches that Kari had drawn by hand, which were works of art in themselves. Before long, a rumour was circulating in the village about a peculiar architect who not only draws all lines freehand, but also designs to millimetre accuracy – which, we hear, is not customary round here.
- Here and Now 27/03/2017
- Almost ready! 26/03/2017
- All improves upon age – recycling old materials 13/09/2016
- A roof on the house 29/02/2016
- Making progress 12/11/2015
- Workers need true grit in the July heat 12/07/2015
- The project must be supervised 21/10/2014
- Drama at the town hall 28/11/2013
- The architect has great authority 24/05/2013
- Easter 2013: This house is like a museum 15/04/2013
- Sitting down for a glass of wine 21/03/2013
Wines or the guest house?
- Renovation (11)