Casa Visette – Charming suites in the historical Barolo winery
- Historical, restored mansion in the Barolo vineyards – now a Unesco World Heritage Site
- Located in the centre of Langhe in Monforte d’Alba – a one-hour drive from Turin Airport, two hours from Malpensa Airport, one hour from the Ligurian coast and one and a half hours from the French Alps.
- Four apartments, accommodation for up to 8 people
- Perfect location for seasonal activities, such as golf, biking, truffle hunting and skiing
Our services for corporate customers
- Meeting facilities and the related additional services and equipment
- Catering and joint cooking events on own premises
- Wine tasting and winery visits
- Sports-themed events, such as golf, tennis, biking, wine trekking and hunting
- Harvest- and truffle-themed events
- Restaurant table booking
- Business simulation concept
- Barolo Collectors’ Cellar for wine lovers – a new concept for storing Barolo vintagesThere is no minimum stay. We can organise a meeting for only a few hours if required, and you don’t need to book a room to have a meeting at Visette.
Our services for private customers
- Bike and scooter rental
- Visits to shops and markets, and guidance in local grocery shops
- Wine tasting – and visits to wineries in the Langhe and Roero areas, especially in La Morra, Monforte d’Alba, Barolo and Serralunga d’Alba
- Cookery courses – pizza, pasta and traditional Piedmontese recipes with the assistance of a local chef
- Golf tee times booking
- Restaurant table booking
- Language courses with native Italians
- Events held by visiting professionals, such as Leadership Footprint, yoga, and more
- Barolo Collectors’ Cellar for wine lovers – a new concept for storing Barolo vintages
- Geothermal floor heating in all suites
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Uses solar panels and photovoltage system for generating electricity.
- The suites are totally restaured respecting old Piemonte style and recycled materials such as tiles, oaks beams and roof tiles
- Visette indoor decoration style follows the concept “Scandinavia meets Piedmont” combining historical and original local materials with Scandinavian light colors.
- Visette facilities can host group sizes up to 8
Visette also offers conferencing facilities for groups of 10-15 people including selection of services as follows:
- Full meeting services including accommondition, breakfast, snacks, lunch service and meeting facilities for up to 15 people
- Cooking classes combined with wine tastings in two categories; Langhe Standard and Langhe Superior
- Wine storing and recommendations for purchase, transactions and wine tastings
- Additional services for all guests upon request, such as organising vineyard visits, booking restaurants, organising sport activities (cycling, trekking and walking tours), seasonal activites such as truffle hunting, wine picking, nut picking etc.
The history of Visette
Visette is one of Langhe’s historical Barolo wineries. Winemaking at Visette began in the late 17th century, and commercial production ended when the estate was divided up in the early 1990s. The founder’s nephew, Attilio Ghisolfi, and his son, Gianmarco Ghisolfi, continue to produce Barolo wines on the former lands of Visette, which surround our house. Ghisolfi’s trademark wine, Bricco Visette, was named after our house. Bricco means a small hill.
Visette was partly built in the 19th century and partly in the early 20th century. When we began to renovate the house, we wanted to bring to life its historical architecture. That’s why we have reused the original bricks, floor tiles, roof tiles and wooden structures wherever possible, along with original furniture, which has, of course, been restored.
To honour traditions, we dug a tunnel under the house that starts in the wine cellar. Visette had no such tunnel before, but they are common in old houses in Piedmont. During occupations, the best wines could be hidden in these tunnels. The tunnel at Visette provides access to our Collectors’ Cellar, where our guests can ‘hide’ their wines until they are ready to drink.
The story of Visette as a Barolo estate continues. It now offers accommodation, meeting services, training sessions, wine tastings and storage, and big ideas in great company.